Besides sport activities it is worth to undertake some trips to see the most beautiful sights of our area: our team at the reception will be more than happy to assist if you have any questions about sights or directions.
Some sights in our neighbourhood:
- Edelrautehütte & Großer Scheibelsee: You can take the panoramic road to hike up to Edelrautehütte, where you will find friendly service and good traditional cuisine. The lake Großer Scheibelsee reflects the blue sky and green forests in its crystal clear water surface. Simply wonderful.
- Keltenberg adventure park in the nature: The entire family will find fun in the park. Take a walk trough the pathway learning about nature and the force of water, then slide down 70 meters back to the valley on the giant slide. You can even take part in a rock climbing training for beginners, or if you are an advanced rock climber after a registration you can climb the rock walls on your own. With your guestcard you get 50% discount on the tickets.
- Mautern Game Park: This will for sure be the favourite place for all families. In Mautern the game park is combined with an amusement park. You will find here: cable lift, many different species of games, shows (birds of prey show, feading of the animals), amusement park, kid's playground, summer bobsled track, restaurants... This will be a perfect day for you and your family.
- Gesäuse National Park: Fantastic adventure for the lovers of nature. The Gesäuse National Park has been well known for its wonderful nature formations for ages. The river Enns gouged out the mountains in millions of years and formed rock walls which can be up to 1800 m high. The park is home for a lot of different game species. Hiking, climbing, mountain biking, skitouring, horseback riding and rafting are only some of the activities you can choose from in the national park.
- Adventure Erzberg: Erzberg is the largest surface mine in Middle-Europe. You can be a part of it, and see the work live with your friends or family if you visit Adventure Erzberg. Take a ride on a giant haul truck, try mining together with the miners, or witness a huge explosion. You can find out many interesting information about mining if you walk trough the open-air exhibition. If you would like to visit Erzberg, please let us know, and we will be happy to help you with a reservation. Visiting the mine is only possible with a reservation.
- Miningmuseum Fohnsdorf
- Puch Vehiclemuseum Judenburg
- Odelsteinhöhle Johnsbach (cave): The cave system is a protected natural sight since 1931. The special beauty of the cave comes from the different minerals that the cave wall consists of. The cave system is 470 m long.